Client: Caelli Construction, Central Equity & Multiplex
About the project: Designed by high-profile architects Guilford Bell + Graham Fisher Architects, this high-rise residential tower spans 57-levels with a range of generous sized one, two- and three-bedroom configurations. It includes the refurbishment of 556 Lonsdale Street which is one of Melbourne’s oldest surviving buildings.
This Heritage dwelling was constructed between 1855 and 1878 and the restoration will ensure the long-term preservation of this important State heritage listed building. The refurbishment and integration of the building within Melbourne Grand will add interest and character to the development.
Completion is set for the second half of 2020.
Overview of the project:
Cassaform supplied ~1600m2 of our Aluminium Pan ‘Slabform’ System to cast and cycle throughout all suspended levels of the Melbourne Grand project.
Working with Caelli construction, a bespoke engineering plan was provided by our in-house engineering team to optimise the volume of formwork, with support throughout the project to satisfy both the contractor and the builder where required. This included early 3-4-day stripping, sign off and advice, back propping guidance, stability recommendations, as well as details & directions on heavy stacked materials.
Our Aluminium Pan ‘Slabform’ System helped accelerate forming time with reduced labour resources, while providing early striking to help deliver fast deployment to the next level. Assembled from below, all elements of the system weigh less than 20kg and can be manually handled via Alimak quickly and easily.
Product Used: Aluminium Pan ‘Slabform’ System
About the product: Cassaform’s Aluminium Pan System is a modular formwork system for concrete slabs cast in place. Designed and manufactured in Italy, it is light weight and consists of a series of props with a drop head system which supports aluminium beams and panels.
- Assembled from below, all elements of the system weigh less than 20kg and can be manually handled quickly and easily.
- The drop head system allows the panels and beams to be stripped and reused within a few days of casting therefore significantly reducing on-site equipment requirements of the project.
- Allows for early striking
- Accessories enable compensations around columns
- Offers simple and reliable safety components for slab edges
- Heads can be fixed to props in a safe, easy, and quick way, without bolts
Click here to request a call from our friendly team.
Click here to view more case studies.